Stay connected with Slack
Stay connected to the Career Design Center and your Career Communities with Slack. Here’s to get started:
Getting Started in Slack
First things first, join the UB Career Design Slack Workspace! Here’s how:
- Click the blue “Accept Invitation” button below.
- Start creating a Slack account by clicking “Continue with Email.”
- Enter your UB email address and your full name.
- Click the “Continue with Email” button.
- Check your inbox for a “Slack confirmation code” email.
- Enter the confirmation code you got from your email.
- And you’re in! ✅ You will receive a “UB Career Design on Slack: New Account Details” email as confirmation.
Already joined the UB Career Design Slack Workspace? Here are steps to signing back in.
- Sign in to Slack with your UB email.
- Enter the confirmation code from your “Slack confirmation code” email.
- Click “UB Career Design.”
- And you’re in! ✅
The next step is to start joining channels to stay connected.
Channels are real-time group conversations on a specific topic, like events or career communities with other like-minded community members, UB alumni and mentors who are sharing advice, inspiration, motivation and ideas for your career journey.
You can browse and join any channels you’re interested in. There’s no limit to how many channels you can join + you can change your mind at any time.
Here are some of our favs. 😍
Recommended channels to join
- Arts, Design, Entertainment + Communications 🎨
- Data, Analytics, Technology + Engineering ⚙️
- Government, Law, International Affairs + Policy ⚖️
- Healthcare, Public Health, Life + Lab Sciences 💙
- Management, Sales, Consulting + Finance 📈
- Nonprofit, Education + Social Impact 🤲
If you’re new to Slack or just need a refresher, here are quick videos with tips on how to use Slack.
How to Use Slack
Chats and Channels
|🎥 1:22 watch||🎥 0:49 watch||🎥 1:32 watch|